Edited by Dawn Vogel and Jeremy Zimmerman
- That Ain't Right: Historical Accounts of the Miskatonic Valley
- Selfies from the End of the World: Historical Accounts of the Apocalypse
- Fitting In: Historical Accounts of Paranormal Subcultures
- Utter Fabrication: Historical Accounts of Unusual Buildings and Structures
- Battling in All Her Finery: Historical Accounts of Otherworldly Women Leaders
Size: 5.50 x 8.50 in
"It takes time for a space to become a place. I'd never quite pinned down at what point during the gradual accretion of events and memories that houses became more than the sum of their parts, but I'd put down enough supposed hauntings to have developed a feel for when a place had turned."
- Evan Dicken, "Every House a Home"
No one understands strange places like people who have been there. Mad Scientist Journal has brought together twenty-two tales of people who have visited places both beautiful and horrifying. Some places heal, some places destroy, some places just want to see the world. Haunted houses share a neighborhood in these pages with dimensional rifts, hidden skyscrapers, and abandoned spacecraft.
Included in this collection are stories from Ali Abbas, Nyri Bakkalian, S. E. Casey, Julian Dexter, Evan Dicken, Carolyn A. Drake, Dorian Graves, Diana Hauer, Georgie Hinojosa, Michael M. Jones, Gwendolyn Kiste, M. Lopes da Silva, Christine Lucas, Audrey Mack, Lyndsie Manusos, Alanna McFall, Alexander Nachaj, Timothy Nakayama, Betty Rocksteady, Ian M. Smith, Kathryn Yelinek, and E. R. Zhang. Includes art by Ray McCaughey, Kristen Nyht, Scarlett O'Hairdye, and Luke Spooner.